Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Case of the Clueless Asian Lady

I'm not one to complain, but when it comes to helping randoms, there has to be some level of sanity from them. Today as I got off the train from central, I walked towards the stairs going down heading into the tunnel. At the top of the stairs was an asian woman wearing the ugliest pair of green pants my eyes have ever seen. As soon as I approached her, this is what happened:

Asian woman: Hey! Excuse me, could you please walk me down the stairs?
Me: Yeah sure.
Asian woman: Hold my hand please..
Me: Um... okay..

At this point I'm holding a complete strangers hand, not her arm or anything, her hand. At this point she pauses and I'm standing there in limbo holding this womans hand. People walking past me kept looking at me. I was getting impatient so i asked her:

Me: Um.. the railings right there. Do you need help?
Asian woman: *no response*

She then walked down the stairs, not even holding onto the railing. WTF? (edit: Maria: "She's just trying to hold your hand"). Got to the bottom of the stairs, thinking I was free from the awkwardness, I let go of her hand.

Then she began demanding me to hold her hand again. People behind me knew she was a stranger to me, and I still did what I thought was right.

Asian woman: Hold my hand.
Me: (thinking) um wtf, I am holding your hand.
Asian woman: TIGHTER!
Me: um.. okay.. (crying inside)
Asian woman: yes... tighter...
Me: Um.. are you okay? Do you need help? (I thought she was depressed or something)

At this point I began looking around at the people around me, or at cameras, thinking I was on some hidden camera show. She began doing these squats or whatever, the sort of stance you have in primary school when you're busting to go to the toilet.

By now, i thought she needed to go to the toilet. It was scary.

As we approached the ticket barriers..

Me: Uh.. I'm kind of in a hurry..
Asian woman: (pausing in 2m in front of the barriers) Walk me to the barriers.
Me: Uh okay...

I walked forward but she wouldn't follow (still holding her effing hand). Then she let go and ran for the barriers. To which I then ran away to avoid her at the other end.

PS. Maria is funny and likes to bake cookies.

kthxbye

0 comments :