Monday, July 13, 2009

Welcome To The Family

St Patrick's Primary School Reunion

So its been organised for a while now, and it finally came - the third reunion held by the St Pats kids. First one was at Bondi during the HSC, second was at Pjay's house (where only the asians came) and now this, more successful one, was held at Adam's house. My voice was still sort of gone (or as Jasmine would say - still going through puberty) so I got a few "what's wrong with your voice?" questions throughout the night.

Anyway, it was effing fantastic to see everyone there, especially the faces that I haven't seen for 9 years! I'm surprised at how much we've all grown up and its something I definitely cherish. First batch of people that came were the asians, haha, which was unsurprising, but as the night progressed, more and more of us came and the numbers increased. I came and Mrs. Jones (Adams mum) came out and recognised me, because I used to live near him, and also brought out the class photos. Plenty of laughs and reminiscing was being had between the different groups there.

Year 6 Class of 2000! Well almost half of us...

Biggest improvement for me to see was Connie, who had came into Year 5 not knowing a WORD of english (having just come from China), we were there to take her through Year 6 too, to help teach her english. One of us managed to bump into her and invite her along. When I spoke to her, her english had improved by mountains. It was amazing, and typically, like a lot of my Chinese friends who moved here - she also had the smarts. Haha. Biggest appearance change would be Adam, the host, himself. Dreadlocks and facial hair. Everyone else seemed pretty much recognisable, except throughout the night people were occasionally guessing some of the other filo guys to be me. They'd approach them and be like ".. Adrian?!" Then they'd point to me. Hahah. Some people came from the Central Coast to make it so i was surprised at the effort they made to come down.

Talking to everyone was not awkward at all, we all had stories to tell and we were having fun and joking around as we usually would, I can't wait for the next one! I loved hanging out with them. Eventually the night slowly came to its end and people began to leave.

Left around with 1.30 with Ijhay to drop Connie home, then I got dropped home. Overall I thought it was great seeing everyone again, we had too much fun that the next one is already in talks. Hahah. A cruise has been suggested, and we're prolly thinking of getting in touch with some old teachers.

Connie, Ivette, Pj, Maggie


Yumyum, pizza.

The 3 close friends in Primary school

Our Year 6 Graduation Shirt! LOL

LOLOL.

Looking through class photos


Me wearing.. something..


kthxbye!

0 comments :