Monday, April 27, 2009

You're Comfort On My Mind

Tuesday, 21st April
Went Bowling with Lenny, Jeaneline, and Shirley, except Jeaneline decided not to play. I can't even remember who won the second game, but I know Lenny won the first and was getting near-strikes on every bowl. I've tried spinning the ball before and it just hasn't worked.

After bowling we went to Rouse Hill for a feed. Obligatory purchase of the KFC BBQ Bacon Roller was at hand.

Wednesday, 22nd April
Went Bowling again, this time with Lenny (again) and Tim. Lenny owning again. He started work after we finished our games and gave us free food. Best things in life are free. In this case, they were chips. With tomato sauce.

Friday, 24th April
Went for my green P's. Because I'm so late and lazy, I received the warning/renewal letter (since it was gonna expire on the 23rd May) so I decided to book it and go for it. I've heard people recounting how easy it was, and after doing it.. I don't think so. Either that, or nerves just got the best of me. To start it off, I got the FIRST freakin' PRACTICE QUESTION wrong. I was thinking.. shit, this is going to be an indication of how I'm going to go.

The test commenced and I was heavily relying on the "second-chance" confirmation question asking if I had touched the screen or not, because most of the time I had pressed it, only to realise a speeding car was approaching, or that I had second thoughts. Anyway, I got my green P's in the end, and my brother (who also was taking a test for his FULL licence) got his. So congrats to us both!

Later, went to Sevo to get picked up by Tim to go to Maria's 19th. This would be Tim+Adrian Driving/Navigation combo #3. Numbering these had a reason, because each time, there has been some sort of failure. Going to Ivan's house in Penrith.. and going to (or was it from?) Soundwave. Anyway, we were going good for the first 10-15 minutes. Until we found ourselves still on Cumberland Hwy. On the directions I had printed out, we were only supposed to be on it for 18 seconds. We were on it for about 15 minutes. Gave Thien a call and GOOD THING he was soo close by. So we met up with him and followed the car he was in before he jumped into ours.

Got to Maria's,said our greetings and drank/ate/mingled the night away. There were drinks, food, BBQ, games, and Singstar!! I think it was a pretty good night, minus the mishaps. Maria is a trooper and I know she'll (as she said on the night) "look back at this and laugh". :) Good on her for that, and for hosting an awesome party.

Happy B'day Maria!!

Wendles and I

Tony, Thien, Maria, me, Tim



Saturday, 25th April
Korean BBQ at Charcoal Mine with the uni peeps. Great organisation by Ivan. We all got in there and started eating. And smelling like KBBQ. Afterwards we decided to go Bowling, for cheap! cos we're cheap cunts. $3 a game thanks to Lenny. We had 5 vs 5. I had Tim, Billy, Thien and Jasmine on my team, and it was Simon, Nam, Ivan, Hazel and Ada on the other team. I couldn't say it was neck and neck, but between certain people, it was. Except for me.

I dominated. Conceited, but I did. HAHA. Not by much in the first game, but in the second, I managed 173. That was way above my personal best. But we all had fun. Lenny gave us free food again. Good times. :):) Afterwards, Tim dropped us all home, and Jasmine to my house where we watched an Ants documentary. It was very informative. They're so organised. Next on the agenda is bees.

Bring on winter.

kthxtry
&put a hat on your head.

0 comments :