Monday, June 15, 2009

Good things come in Black.

Nokia e63
After the awesomeness that Sony Ericsson has given me over the past 4 years, it was time for a change. Ever since I saw it a month ago or something, my want for it grew.

Yesterday I got it in my grubby, cold hands, and this is what I found on the details:

Something wrong?

A drain? Really?

Anyway, I wanted to keep my old number because its such a hassle telling everyone a new one. I came in the store today do ask a few questions...

I needed to ask
- How long will porting take (transferring my old number)?
- Is Windows Live Messenger (WLM) unlimited?

First I went to the official 3 store..
Answer to question 1: "If it hasn't happened by now.. its a problem on Optus' end." Understandable... I would assume so since they're the ones who need to port it over.
Answer to question 2: He can't answer so he refers to the computer. A computer that he doesn't even know how to use. So he asks his colleague who is busy helping other customers.

At this point, I'm thinking, c'mon dude, just tell me that you don't know where to go (because he consistently asked his colleague where to go on the 3 site). So he makes up some bs excuse to me "I'm just waiting to connect to the 3 site, won't be long".

By now, he gives up, and just decides to call three support. I asked him "Is WLM unlimited, included in the $8 pack?", what HE asks support is "Is WLM compatible with the E63?" The answer he receives is a distinct NO. What the eff? I can clearly see WLM application on my phone..

Anyway, I was done getting answers from this guy.. so I walk to Optus.

Answer to Question 1: I walked in and I'm attended to. As SOON as I mentioned that I "switched from Optus to Three". I know his enthusiasm to help me just dropped, seeing as he works for Optus. As I'm talking to him (still asking my question), the dude walks off and goes on the computer to check a completely unrelated matter. His answer was a brief "I dunno." /shrugs. Where's the customer service, douchebag?


One of the many faces of Optus.

I got out of there and went to MO's Mobiles (or whatever the hell its called), as I got my 3 deal from there. I asked the girl working there same 2 questions.

Answer to question 1: Finally these guys had the decency to call up three and ask about the status. They said its still in the process, I hope SOON because I don't wanna receive anymore calls or SMS's on my old phone.
Answer to question 2: She doesn't know, so she asks her colleague.. to which he confidently answers "Yep, unlimited!". Thankyou.

After much time walking around.. and coming home now..

I realised I forgot to buy myself a data cable for the phone lol. Which was half the purpose I went to Blacktown today.

gg.

At time of writing this, I am now with 3. Same number. :)

kthxtri

9 comments :

  1. Unknown said...

    ahaha. man you shoulda just given me a phone call earlier. LOL
    btw, i just realised my phone is still under my mum's name so i get emails now saying 'Hi Thuy'. Feels so weird. Btw, 3 charges for sending postage bills so get email ones. :)
    Enjoy your phone!

  2. blued888 said...

    Please kindly download the image from my site and host it on your own server. Thank you.

  3. Anonymous said...

    LOL the BLUED888 GUY!!

    BETTER TAKE IT OFF ADRIAN!!

  4. blued888 said...

    @moviescriptlife

    LOL. I don't have anything against the guy. It's just that linking to my image sucks up my bandwidth.

    I'd appreciate a link to my post more, rather than image hotlinking. :)

  5. Jismine said...

    that's so rude of you adrian

    as if direct link!!!!1
    AHAHHAHAHA


    and adrian i have a few things to say:

    1. you blog like a girl, i just realised
    2. you hurt my feelings when you got this phone
    3. why does your marital status say living with partner

  6. Adrian C. said...

    @Jismine, how do i blog like a girl? then you must blog like a boy then.

    @blued888. Sorry dude, I did as you said and just downloaded it. lol. I was lazy at the time so I just direct linked it to where I found it. But i've saved it now.

  7. Leonard said...

    That's weird. Am I crazy, or did we not have an honorable round of rock paper scissors to determine who would acquire the black phone?

    My life is over now. You're lucky I'm experiencing financial hardship at the moment.

  8. Adrian C. said...

    @Leonard

    You're crazy. You won that, but then it became a matter of who then got it first. lol.

    Besides, I saw the blue one. It looks awesome.

  9. blued888 said...

    @Adrian

    Thanks! Appreciate it.