Thursday, March 12, 2009

My Top 8 Childhood TV Theme Songs

First thing I wanna get out of the way - new banner constitutes for new outlook. It makes me feel relaxed. So there.

Anyway, this topic I discussed with a few people because when I look at the shows on ABC1 and ABC2 now... I find trash served with a cup of piss. I look back at the 90's when I would come home from school and turn on the TV, I anticipate to be immersed in an afternoon full of awesomeness until 6pm Simpsons would come on, from there on after, it was Neighbours, from which my afternoon-awesomeness block ended (before it). Because Neighbours is also trash.

Some of these shows were aired in the morning too, so whatever, I'll just include them:

8. Rocko's Modern Life


"Garbage day is a very dangerous day." Rocko was voiced by an American. I demand justice. But anyway, entertaining show in the likes and weirdness of Ren & Stimpy (but not to
that extent). THAT WAS A HOOT!

7. Arthur

If I wanted to walk down the street as if I'd just won $1,000,000, this would be the song I would probably listen to*.


*given the circumstance that this was the only song on my iPod

6. Feral TV/The Ferals


I just found out they only aired 18 episodes for this show. Wow, expected it to last longer than that. But this had an awesome theme song, even if it went for about 20 seconds, it was catchy. Rattus was my fave.

5. Round the Twist


"Have you ever... ever felt like this?" YES I HAVE. New or old actors, I don't care, the stories and theme song did it justice for me. My bro owns the DVD boxset, but I haven't gotten around to watching it yet.

4. Rugrats (new AND old theme)


If this was randomly played at a concert or something, who wouldn't recognise this tune? Assclowns with no childhood. I found the new theme to be just as good because it portrayed the growth and just how far the Rugrats have come, also alluding to the fact that those who watched it with the original theme, were probably close to teens now (like I was) so it gave an edge to an already awesome intro.

3. Babar

I've been wanting to learn this song on piano/keyboard.. and I sort of have but it still doesn't sound like this..

2. Captain Planet

If you heard someone openly belt out this song in public, it would most likely put a smile to your face. The concept of the five Planeteers with magic rings, used to summon a being that slowly dies by a splash of pollution... amazing. But anyway, catchy theme song that I would join in if someone sang. I wouldn't change channel until I heard the DIC at the end.

1. Power Rangers


Music for when you're lifting weights, moments when you muster up the courage to do whatever you want, times when you're eating bricks and flies for breakfast. Whatever the situation, it does get you pumped, and it deserves to be #1 on my list. I also just recently found out Trini (yellow ranger) died in a car accident. RIP.

Honourable Mentions:
Johnson and Friends
The Book Place
Samurai Pizza Cats
Little Lulu
Madeline
Ducktales
Gummi Bears
Bangers and Mash
Lift Off
Pokemon
Wayne Manifesto
Genie from Down Under
Noddy
Bump in the Night
Angry Beavers
Home Improvement

kthxbye

2 comments :

  1. Leonard said...

    8. Very weird into, nonetheless a great show.
    7. If it were me, I'd have this right near the top. Top notch intro.
    6. Didn't really pay much attention to this show, let alone the intro. Whenever it was on TV, I'd watch, but really I was just waiting for Round The Twist to come on.
    5. Another catchy intro.
    4. Gotta love this one. BAH BUH ... DUN DUN DUN DUN ... DSFIUDSFIFUDSIFUFIFUASIFU
    3. I used to watch this just to hear the intro.
    2. Overrated.
    1. Definitely pumps you up and makes you eager to watch the actual episode.

  2. Adrian C. said...

    Captain Planet overrated?!

    Clearly you are not a planeteer. If we all listened to the lessons they offerred at the end of the show... global what? what warming?